This journey enables senior managers to enhance their own personal decision making capability and that of their organisation using AI. We take a step further than the basic “AI in a day” journey to add in personal and organisational capability enhancement. We show how human and AI capabilities are complimentary and how to leverage AI to win in today’s competitive marketplace.
The journey follows the same path as “AI in a day” but adds analysis of cognitive ability in humans and AI. The concept of “AI versus human” is explored in more detail during this journey showing how to combine ability and “Augment” cognitive capability. At the end of this journey, a manager will have a clear concept for building AI capabilities that can enable an organisation to win in a data driven world (similar to Tesla or Google).
As with “AI in a day”, this learning journey takes you through the technology and techniques that lie behind smart applications such as expert systems and image recognition. We explain what AI is, addressing basic techniques such as Data Analytics, Machine Learning and Deep Learning and cover application areas such numerical models, classification, chatbots, voice and recognition, natural language processing and expert systems. Note that we leverage automated machine learning to avoid the need for programming.
In this journey, we assume the participant has a starting knowledge of data equivalent to “Data Driven Business I – Foundation”. You can follow this journey first however and fill in your knowledge gaps with the data driven business journey later.
Following on from this journey, you can go straight to My First AI Model and build a basic AI model yourself (without programming!).
The learning objectives are:
- Understand why Data, Data Science and Artificial Intelligence are vital for your future
- Explore what Data Science and Artificial Intelligence are and how they create disruptive change
- Learn what algorithms and machine learning are and how these are used
- Discover Cognitive Augmentation at both the individual and organisational levels
- Become aware of the key risks and dilemma’s and what measures you can take to mitigate these
- Learn how to get started with an application area
Estimated Time: 7 to 9 hours
Prerequisites: Data Driven Business I – Foundation (or equivalent)
Next steps: My First AI Model