Ieveraging your passion for data in supporting Rabobank’s data driven ambitions. To support all business initiatives with a need for data (structured and unstructured, high volume and/or streaming), Rabobank is implementing an Enterprise Data Lake platform in the cloud.
One of the key characteristics of this Enterprise Data Lake platform is the concept of self-service: both producers and consumers of data should be able to use the platform in a self-service way.
The last three years we implemented a domain oriented Customer Data Lake platform (Hadoop) that must be migrated to the Enterprise Data Lake platform (Azure). For this all existing use cases will be transformed to cloud native solutions. You advise other teams on how to efficiently transform to this new platform while keeping the quality of service of the existing Customer Data Lake platform on (at least) the current level.
The role of solution architect will be combined with the role of product owner meaning that you will be responsible for prioritizing the activities of the team maintaining the existing Hadoop platform.
As a solution Engineer Data Lake you make a difference by
– understanding the goals and needs of the business as no other. You are able to understand the question behind the question and translate that into (data) requirements.
– translating the requirements and existing Hadoop based solutions into Azure based solutions using the Enterprise Data Lake platform. You understand the concepts and solutions forming the Enterprise Data Lake.
– being the (wo)man supporting business and DevOps-teams in the transition from the existing Hadoop platform to the Azure cloud platform. You are able to connect and communicate with a variety of stakeholders.
– by promoting the Enterprise Data Lake in the organization.
– In the PO role you will represent the Hadoop platform team in the weekly and monthly Area meetings.
– Prioritizing activities with the Hadoop platform team and if needed discuss this with PO’s of feature teams which make use of the Hadoop Platform.
As a solution engineer Data Lake you will be part of the tribe Data & Content services. The tribe Data & Content services is empowering the Rabobank to maximize the value of data and content. Every day the 27 squads of the tribe work on innovative solutions to help the Rabobank reach this goal. The members of the tribe continuously improve themselves and their squads. They have an open culture and an urge to getting things done. Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. All squads you interact with, both within the tribe and outside the tribe work in scrum.
Open communication, working together, providing feedback, a customer focused mind-set and having a structured way of working are key talents that a solution Engineer embodies. Next to these talents, in the role of solution architect at the Data Lake, we are also looking for:
- strong knowledge of Hadoop (HDFS, Hive, Hbase, Spark, Kafka, NiFi) and familiar with Azure equivalent services. Able to quickly master new technologies.
- experience in complex data environments
- senior consulting skills
- experience with large scale organisations
- experience with Scrum / Kanban
Do you want to become the ideal version of yourself? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional. In addition, with us (on the basis of a 36-hour working week), you can also expect:
- a thirteenth month and holiday pay.
- an Employee Benefit Budget (9 to 10 % of your monthly salary). You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving a monthly cash payout.
- 100 % reimbursement of the costs of home/work travel if you travel by public transport! Do you still prefer to travel by car or motorbike? Then choose a home/work travel allowance.
- a pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 5%.