Why Choose for Eneco?
You are going to work at a company large enough to get things done, within an innovative department that has the flexibility to rival a start-up. Our organisation is open and brimming with energy. At Eneco, anyone with a sharp mind and a positive and active mindset can contribute to a more sustainable world.
Create data driven innovations, services, and products for the whole company
In Eneco’s central data science team you willset up data driven solutions while collaborating within the whole organisation. This means you can work on a wide variety of topics, on both the commercial as well as the operational side of Eneco. On the commercial side, this can mean advising customers on sustainable investments based on energy use and building characteristics.
On the operational side, improving efficiency of district heating or implementing predictive maintenance for wind turbine parks can be your next subjects. For all these projects, adding value both for the customer and for Eneco is key.
Energy companies have large amounts of data available to work with, and Eneco is a leader in this field, for example from our smart thermostat Toon. The big question is: how will you combine all this data and use it in an optimal way? Distributed energy generation and changes in energy demand have upended the conventional market for energy. Digital innovations help to align supply and demand and help the customer have a care-free experience; data plays a crucial part in all this.
- Exploring and mapping existing and new data streams within and beyond Eneco and finding innovative ways of using them;
- Identifying possibilities and setting up projects in which business value can be created using data science;
- Designing proof of concepts to prove the validity of a business case;
- Use analyses and results to convince stakeholders and influence decision making;
- Challenge the data science way of working and bring it to a higher level.
Can you see yourself working as a data scientist at Eneco and do you dare take up the challenge to extend the lead position of Eneco in the energy transition? Then you should apply for this position! NB: The vacancy is open to people with an EU work permit.
- Finished university education in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) field;
- 4+ years of experience working as a data scientist within a company;
- Knowledge and experience on the use of advanced analytics and its implementation in business processes;
- Strong oral and written presentation skills in English and preferably in Dutch;
- An interest in the energy domain and innovations therein, and a curious mindset.
We can offer you
- A competitive salary;
- Lots of growth opportunities;
- Become part of an ambitious organization that allows you to be creative;
- A young, ambitious team;
- Working in the city center of Rotterdam.
Were will you work?
In Eneco’s central data science team. Eneco has a hybrid organisational structure for data science: There is both a central data science team as well as data scientists embedded within the business organisation. The central data science team’s mission is threefold: 1) set up and collaborate in projects that span multiple departments, 2) enable other data scientist by supplying technology and a consistent way of working, and 3) educate Eneco on being data driven.