To support Danone’s top-level ambition to adopt a data-enabled organization, we are building a team of 15 people in Paris/ Hoofddorp to be the “Data analytics and AI center of Excellence”.
Our ambition is to become the data science talent hub for all Danone in Europe. This team will be part of the new Chief Data Office at Danone promoting data as an asset and covering fields such as data science, data governance, data transformation and master Data Management. Our target team is a picture of diversity and inclusiveness. In the Data analytics and AI team, we are starting today with a team of 6 people coming from various backgrounds with 47 cumulated years of passion for data and we want to build an enthusiastic, highly-skilled and delivery-oriented team from a mix of junior, senior, team leader & expert profiles.
As data have no frontier, we will also extend our team in Hubs to be close to business partners we develop data sciences product for. This is a unique chance of being part of an international fellowship of data scientists. Overall, we have the plan to grow a team up to 50 people across the hubs in the next 3 years to come.
Your mission as Senior Data Scientist
Your mission as a Senior Data Scientist, will be to promote a new data mindset by delivering state of the art, pragmatic, and creative data science solutions to answer complex business problems. Our target is to work for all of Danone’s businesses and address topics such as demand/supply forecasting, commodity pricing, milk collection optimization, marketing optimization and environmental impact reduction. Furthermore, your responsibilities will include:
- Oversee from a technical point of view the activities of the junior data scientists over a data domain
- Provide advanced expertise on statistical and mathematical concepts for the broader Data Analytics and AI team and data sciences fellowship.
- Collaborate with business partners & data project leaders to identify business needs and translate them into actionable measures.
- Support the implementation of these solutions.
- Implement ETL workflows, Data Mining/Wrangling to make data useable and understandable for other Data Scientists or business teams.
- Apply state-of-the-art algorithms and predictive models (Machine Learning/Deep Learning) to answer business problems.
- Share results with technical and business teams (Data Visualization).
- Build & improve team’s knowledge, processes and best practices.
You are a seasoned data scientist who is able to quickly understands and analyses business needs. As you work in a dynamic environment, you are able to meet tight deadlines and work in an environment with multiple priorities. Your communication skills in English (written and verbal) are excellent and you have experience in communicating statistical and modeling results in a clear manner. Furthermore we are looking for people having:
- A MSc, PhD or other Advanced Degree in a field linked to computer science, applied mathematics, statistics, machine learning, or closely related fields
- More than 6 years of experience in Data Science within a fast-paced and complex business setting, preferably working as a Senior Data Scientist having substantial experience working on full-life cycle data science project
- Experience in Fast-Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) industry is a plus.
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies and tools like SCRUM methodology, flexibility and iterative way of working and experience with Jira/Trello/ Asana solutions.
- Programming: Python (pandas, scikit-learn, xgboost, matplotlib, bokeh etc.), R (dplyr, mlr, ggplot2), SQL, Git
- Database: Relational/Non-relational databases
- Modeling: Advanced Statistical Analysis, Regressions, Gradient Boosting, Random Forest, Neural Network, Time Series
- Viz’: Power BI, MicroStrategy
- Infrastructure: Cloudera HDFS, AWS (S3, EC2, Lambda, Athena, CloudWatch etc.), Docker, CI/CD (GitLab CI/CD, Jenkins, Travis etc.)
- Data Science tools/modules: Jupyter Notebooks, Databricks, ML Flow
Experience in all or several parts of Advanced Analytics process will be challenged:
- Explore the potential of a raw data set
- Build relevant and performant models and analyses
- Automate workflows
- Scale, deploy and monitor industrialized projects
- Consistency of approach for a data domain/portfolio of projects
Danone’s mission is bringing health through food to as many people as possible and we want to invite people to join the movement for a healthier world. We recognize the power people have to impact the world through their daily choices. Healthy food needs a healthy planet, and this is what our new signature One Planet One Health embodies.
At Danone, we offer a complete package of benefits, with a competitive primary and yearly bonus, but also benefits like a premium free pension, 30 days annual leave and several discounts on a collective health insurance and even on some of our products.
Trainings and certifications possibilities will be given as part of the onboarding and continuous development process. Career opportunities will be built internationally and across Worldwide Business Units (WBUs) and across fields.