Data science is a broad and a demanding domain, and typically data scientists come from different background than software engineers. Most of the time, a data scientist is more focused on translating the business problem to a data science problem, and has less bandwidth to focus on all other aspects required to productize the machine learning model. As you can imagine, productizing a machine learning model comes with its own challenges like efficient coding, automation, monitoring, and scaling. This is where you come in. As a machine learning engineer at ASML, you will write efficient code to implement complex machine learning models and nurture them towards production …to support the operation of the most complex lithography machines in the world!
You will be working in a multi-disciplinary team of data scientists, data engineers, machine learning engineers, physicists, computer scientists, and engineers to build, deploy and maintain scalable Machine Learning pipelines on various Big Data platforms. The team has been developing powerful diagnostic software tools that are aiming to uncover causal relationships between complex lithography equipment parameters and system performance. In addition, the team is engaging on data streaming solutions to serve our next-generation Analytics environment.
As a Machine Learning Engineer you will apply the latest technologies and tools to implement complex machine learning models. You will lead the path towards implementing solutions built by data scientist and integrate them with various Big Data platforms and architectures. You will be responsible for creating and maintaining Machine Learning pipelines that are scalable, robust, and ready for production. To achieve this, you will be closely working with domain experts, platform architects, IT specialists, software developers, data scientists and data engineers from various parts of the organization. On top of your profound technical capabilities, your success will strongly dependent on your interpersonal skills and your ability to communicate across disciplines to bridge the gap between data science and software engineering.
Master’s qualification in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Data Science or equivalent and proven Machine Learning competence.
– Good communicator, who can connect across disciplines
– Team player, good social and team leadership skills, pro-active and customer-oriented
– Practical approach, being able to work in a high demanding, result driven environment
– Thinks creative, out of the box, self-going, fast learner
Context of the position
– Within ASML, the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the development, specification and design of new ASML products.
– Within Development & Engineering, the CSI department delivers and advances state-of-the- art methods and techniques for the structural improvement of the performance and quality of scanner components.
– The holder of this position reports to the manager of CSI Data Science & Engineering group