Mollie is looking for an exceptional Lead Data Engineer to join our growing team of analytics experts!
Our mission is creating a greater playing field for everyone. By offering convenient, safe and worldwide payment solutions we remove barriers for companies of all sizes to compete on equal terms.
Being authentic is our baseline
Mollie is one of Europe’s fastest-growing fin-tech companies. We provide a simple and clear payment API, that enables webshop and app builders to implement more than ten different payment methods in one go.
Mollie thrives on innovation. When we started we spearheaded the payments industry by introducing clever payment products which were easier, cheaper, and more flexible than what the rigid, cumbersome banks could do. Now, more than a decade later, Mollie is still building innovative products and working hard to make payments better.
We couldn’t do this without our excellent team. We have a clear focus on building a team of inquisitive minds. All of them share a natural urge to work with exciting, new technologies and products. And we make sure that they get the opportunity to work with them to optimize workflows, work at the forefront of technology and, ultimately, build the future of payments.
What will you’ll be doing
Mollie’s data platforms form is build on GCP. You will also be interacting with several other technologies in the ecosystem primarily the main SQL Database, Hubspot, Zendesk and Google Marketing Platform.
The data team at mollie is set up as a neutral entity between the departments. We help finance, marketing and the business to make fact-driven decisions based on the input and analysis we provide. One of our main partners is the engineering organisation and this is where the Data Engineering Lead plays a key role.
You design and implement data architecture and modelling solutions that are built for the future and are aligned with the vision of the other engineering teams. Your solutions support our BI, data science, machine learning and other data needs within Mollie. Whilst this is a tech lead role, it is expected that you will be hands on and have a deep knowledge and expertise across the software engineering and data science lifecycle. You work with an amazing team of data engineers, data scientists and analysts and you’ll help us elevate their skills to the next level.
- Responsible for the technical delivery of our next generation of Cloud and Machine Learning solutions;
- Build tools to understand how data is flowing throughout our data pipelines;
- Take data oriented projects from start to finish, including requirements, scope, architecture, development, releases and maintenance;
- Drive code quality throughout the data team;
- Design best practices for data processing throughout the company;
- Translate from technical to business, and vice versa. You need to be able to speak with non-specialist staff and make technology make sense to them;
- Working with high volumes of data to efficiently process and expose for analysis;
- Liaise with the engineering leads to ensure a smooth collaboration between the departments;
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices and, new technologies.
What you have:
- 5+ years experience with leadership responsibilities in a technology team (stakeholder communication, mentoring junior members, code reviews, etc)
- Proven experience delivering big data and machine learning solutions in a cloud environment (preferably GCP)
- Strong development background creating pipelines and complex data transformations and manipulations using Python
- Experience with containerization and automation solutions in cloud environments (e.g. docker/Kubernetes, terraform, airflow etc.)
- Knowledge of distributed data processing frameworks such as Spark/Dataflow
- Background in ETL and data processing, know how to transform data to meet business goals
- The expertise Expertise of streaming concepts with experience with technology such as Pubsub, Kafka, Kinesis, etc.
- Experience running agile projects
- Excellent communication, adaptability, and collaborative skills
Our selection procedure in a nutshell:
Apply by clicking the button below. The more you share about yourself and the reason you apply at Mollie, the better!
Let’s first have a ‘coffee chat’ to introduce Mollie, the role and get to know you. This can be at our office, but this could also be via phone, Hangouts or Skype.
During the interview phase (of max. two rounds), we’ll inform you as soon as we’ve decided whether we’d like to proceed with you.
There will be a technical case that you will present in the last round of interviews.