WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
The Nike European Headquarters serves athletes* across the whole of EMEA. We are looking for engaging and diverse students that are willing to join our team for a 12-month internship starting August 1st. Our ideal candidate will possess great communication skills, show willingness to learn and is not afraid of challenges. Our internships allow students to be fully immersed in meaningful work that impacts the future of the business. To be successful in the role our interns must be self-starters who are willing to drive innovation in order to win as a team.
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON?
Your Tasks May Include
As a Data Engineering Intern, you will learn and adopt engineering principles and data engineering as a discipline. We partner with different stakeholders from across the business to drive decision making based on data.
- Developing and implementing product features through data lakes, marts and reporting, in collaboration with business and Technology stakeholders;
- Supporting the implementation of new data management projects and re-structure of the current data architecture;
- Supporting in building continuous integration, test-driven development and production deployment frameworks;
- Analyzing and displaying data for the purpose of designing scalable solutions.
WHAT YOU BRING
- 3rd/4th year Bachelor or Master Degree student within Engineering, Computer Science, Econometrics, Business Analytics, Data Science, Information Technology or other related fields;
- Fluency in English, with excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong technical and analytical skills, knowledge of AWS, Python and other coding languages are a plus;
- Ability to quickly pick up new coding languages, technologies and frameworks;
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to work in complex environment with multiple stakeholders;
- Academic, volunteering, or previous internship experiences related to Data Engineering are a plus (please include in your CV);
- A global mindset and ideally a passion for sport.
IN ORDER TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR AN INTERNSHIP, YOU MUST:
- Be a student for the whole duration of the internship (enrolled in a university/higher education institution);
- Be available for a 12 month full- time internship starting August 1st, 2020
Please be advised that if you don’t meet all of the above criteria, we won’t be able to consider you for this internship.
Start Date: August 1st, 2020
End Date: August 13th, 2021