At the ASML Research department, new concepts and applications are being invented and designed that will push the limit of what is possible to even smaller structures, higher productivity and accuracy.
In this process, data and knowledge management play an increasingly important role. Various integrated precision measurement instruments generate large amounts of data and many actuators that adapt behavior in real-time need to be controlled. In this context, we are looking for a Data Scientist to join the Data-Science Research team.
Like all sciences at ASML, Data Scienceand Machine Learning is stretched to the extreme. It is inspired by the huge challenges of building large physics based systems with nanometer precision.
This research position is directed towards advanced machine-learning for complex sensor signal processing and parameter inference. The research will be carried out within a multi-disciplinaryproject-team with a clear mission to create genuine breakthroughs in sensor analytics.
We are interested in individuals with strong knowledge, passion and experience in developing and evaluating Machine Learning & Data Mining algorithms as well as a broad interest in data handling, modeling and visualization.
You are eager to keep up to date on the latest developments by actively monitoring literature and visiting relevant conferences.
You have a drive to evaluate and apply new learning methodologies and improve or develop data-driven system solutions that generalize well and can deal with uncertainty, driven by your understanding of the lithography system and customer needs.
In particular, this vacancy aims at inverse imaging solutions to extract critical performance parameters from complex sensor data.Successful solutions may be integrated in the ASML product portfolio.
- PhD in Machine Learning/Data Science
- M.Sc. in for instance Data Science, Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Physics or Electrical Engineering
- Experience in software development, strong coding skills in a.o. Python, Matlab and R.
- Ability to communicate complex technical and mathematical concepts in a clear and precise manner.
- Experience working on practical Data-Science or Machine Learning applications based on real-world datasets, in particular in the area of inverse imaging and sensor signal processing.
- Experience in handling, analyzing and visualizing complex, high-volume and high-dimensional data from various sources.
- You have a passion for Data-Science / Machine-Learning and are willing to acquire lithography and other relevant domain knowledge.
- You are enthusiastic, a creative thinker and intrinsically motivated.
- Good & proactive communication in an international and multidisciplinary environment.
- Taking responsibility, self-propelling and team-player.
- Goal-oriented and flexible mindset.
- High personal ambition and drive.
Context of the position
This project is carried out at ASML Research. You will be a member of the Data-Science Research team. You will interact with your peer data scientists and experts from other disciplines. You will also be part of a multidisciplinary research project with intensive collaboration and interacting with other departments within the ASML organization.