To help people with housing, anywhere.
Building a safe, efficient and global rental marketplace for anyone looking for or renting out a place.
Our Core Values
We Care. We Perform. We Evolve.
As a Software Engineer intern for the Data Engineering team you are part of an innovative team with a mixed focus on Data Science (Machine Learning, Advanced Analytics) and Data Engineering. You will mainly help out in improving and maintaining the data architecture, taking care of applying best coding and testing practices while writing or improving the current data tasks (data pipelines, scraping, etc). You will be exposed to a lot of cutting edge technologies and tools (Snowflake, Airflow, Kubernetes) and directly contribute to brainstorm and design the next generation of HousingAnywhere Data products
Our data infrastructure is a mix of in-house and 3rd party solutions, trying to be as light and scalable as possible. We are running all our jobs on Airflow using Google Cloud Composer. We have a strong track record of successful machine learning projects, all running in the cluster. These products are used either to enhance our internal processes or to enrich the experience of our users. In this domain, we love Python and gave a try to basically all the libraries and algorithms available out there (scikit-learn, Keras, XGBoost, LightGBM).
Skills and Qualifications we look for in a Data Scientist Intern:
- Strong engineering fundamentals: Bachelor/Master student or recent graduate in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, an interest in data science and Machine Learning is a big plus;
- Tools: hands-on experience using Python & SQL, any other programming language is a plus, any experience with cloud technologies (GCP, AWS) is a big plus;
- Communication: Demonstrated ability to distill and share complex technical concepts to a less technical audience;
- Language: fluency in English as the main language you will use at work is English.
HousingAnywhere is the biggest global booking platform for mid-term rental accommodation in the world. Being a peer-to-peer marketplace, we create an experience that serves both sides of the rental accommodation market and creates a direct connection between tenants and landlords. HousingAnywhere is active in 50+ countries and 400+ cities. We are partners with 160+ universities worldwide and currently target international students and young professionals moving abroad. We are expanding to other audiences as well.
In 2017, we were awarded 4th most innovative company in the Netherlands and the 1st most innovative company in Rotterdam by the Dutch Chamber of Commerce.
In 2018 and 2019, we have been honored by being the fastest growing propTech company in the Netherlands as part of the Technology Fast 50 ranking of Deloitte.
What’s in it for you?
- Get ready to make a real impact and hit the ground running with early responsibilities. You have the opportunity to take full ownership of your work and dare to do things differently. Here, all ideas matter.
- Work with a crazy unconventional team! Think 100 people from 30 different nationalities. It’s like being on a round-the-world trip while you’re in the office.
- Work in the heart of Rotterdam in an office with an amazing view! If you’re looking for a city that is always packed with new things to discover, amazing architecture, a strong international community, this is the perfect place for you
- We don’t care about what you wear. You’re welcome to wear a 3-piece tuxedo or even sweatpants at the office, we won’t judge you. Maybe a little.
- Beers & Cheers! Get to know your colleagues over drinks while we celebrate our achievements every Friday.
- Full-time position (40 hours a week) w/ schedule flexibility
- You will work from our HQ in Rotterdam, the Netherlands
- Relocation support/work permit (visa) NOT provided
- Starting: August 2020
- 6 months internship: The internship allowance is €650.- net per month