ING is looking for a Data Engineer driven to develop scalable data-driven algorithmic products to join a new Cyber innovation initiative
Who are we looking for?
You are passionate about combining cyber security and artificial intelligence, and productising these into cutting edge solutions. You thrive when stretching the boundaries of data technology for speed and scale ensuring that prototypes can be built into scalable comprehensive solutions. You enjoy the most complex data ingestion, transformation, and processing challenges and are able to do deep research in order to bring pragmatic groundbreaking approaches that enable you to deliver. You will contribute to a world-class data engineering capability and be expected to develop as a thought leader in your field. You will be expected to communicate effectively about your work and be able to explain complex topics effectively to technical and non-technical people. You are at your best working in a tight agile team with strong commitment and an authentic connection with your product team.
Do you recognize yourself in this profile:
- Hands-on experience with data transformation and complex data pipelines
- Hands-on experience building scalable data science products
- Experience with graph data structures and databases (e.g. Neo4j)
- 2-year experience with Java / Scala / Go / Python
- Acquaintance with CI/CD environments
- Acquaintance with deployment environments: Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift
- Experienced in cloud big-data architectures (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Knowledge of OWASP-Top-10 application security
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Advantage: experience with web scraping
Who are we?
At ING Wholesale Banking Advanced Analytics (WBAA) we are developing software products with embedded artificial intelligence that we deliver to ING and to ING’s clients in a number of product areas. One of these product areas is cyber security. Our ambition is to solve cyber security challenges relevant to ING and our enterprise clients like our bond trading related initiative Katana Labs.
The WBAA agile tribe comprises 100 people (and growing rapidly) working from offices in Amsterdam, Warsaw, Katowice, London, and Bucharest. We work in a fun and creative environment, are committed to working agile and to bringing out the best in both each other and our products.
ING’s purpose is to empower people to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We aim to deliver a differentiating customer experience by accelerating the pace of innovation and using disruptive technologies. ING has 52,000 employees in 40 countries and 2019 profit of EUR 4.8bio. Recently ranked the best bank in the world by Forbes, ING’s culture combines the best of a tech startup and large corporate company.
What do we offer?
Working at ING means you will be exposed to a dynamic and international setting. We take the individual development of our employees very seriously and we offer our employees the opportunity to develop in their craft and career. You will become a member of the Wholesale Banking Advanced Analytics tribe, a no-nonsense outcome-focused group of people that enjoy getting things done…together! We only hire people with exceptional talents and capabilities and you will be able to apply these to the most innovative initiatives within ING. In addition, we offer:
- A competitive salary
- Working with highly skilled people
- Working in an area which is of great importance to the strategy of ING
- An informal non-hierarchical setting
- An international atmosphere
- A full-time position (40 hour week)
- Great training and development opportunities