- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent; Masters preferred
- 8+ years of hands-on experience with a strong data background working in a client-facing setting
- Extensive experience working with Big Data tools and building data solutions for advanced analytics
- Practical knowledge across data extraction and transformation tools – traditional ETL tools (Informatica, Altryx)as well as more recent big data tools
- Experience in data architecture, defining data retention policies, monitoring performance and advising any necessary infrastructure changes
- Solid development skills in Java, Scala and SQL
- Clear hands-on mastery in big database systems – Hadoop ecosystem, Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, Google), in-memory database systems (HANA, Hazel cast, etc) and other database systems – traditional RDBMS (Terradata, SQL Server, Oracle), and NoSQL databases (Cassandra, MongoDB, DynamoDB)
- Comfort in dashboard development (Tableau, Powerbi, Qlik, etc) and in developing data analytics models (R, Python, Spark) is a plus
- Ability to travel and work at clients’ site up to 80% of the time
Who You’ll Work With
You’ll be part of our Benelux Hub as part of our McKinsey Digital team.
Digital McKinsey brings together the best of McKinsey’s digital capabilities to help our clients use digital technology to transform their businesses. As part of this group, you’ll join a global team working on everything from IT modernization and strategy to agile, cloud, cybersecurity, and digital transformation. You’ll typically work on projects across all industries and functions and will be fully integrated with the rest of our global firm.
You’ll also work with colleagues from across McKinsey & Company to help our clients deliver breakthrough products, experiences, and businesses, both on technology and non-technology topics. Our office culture is casual, fun and social, with an emphasis on education and innovation. We have the freedom to try new ideas, experiment and are expected to be constantly learning and growing. There is also a strong emphasis on mentoring others in the group, enabling them to grow and learn.
What You’ll Do
You will be a hands-on expert who connects and models complex distributed data sets to build repositories, such as data warehouses, data lakes, using appropriate technologies.
You will work with our clients and other McKinsey experts, such as Data Scientists and Architects to design and build cutting edge (big) data solutions. You’ll be a go-to expert for tackling data related contexts ranging across addressing small to large data sets, structured/unstructured or streaming data, extraction, transformation, curation, modelling, building data pipelines, identifying right tools, writing SQL/Java/Scala code, etc.