At Fourthline we are looking for our first Data Engineer. Your job? Hero. How? By helping your AI team that consists of Data Scientists, Computer Vision Engineers and Data Analysts perform better. Why? That should not even be a question. You are a Data Engineer that designs, builds and maintains data pipelines!
You: “So…. hero huh? Finally some recognition” ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
We: “Yes… 100% Yes.. Join us…”
As you are our first Data Engineer you can imagine that you have your work cut out for you. Therefore you shouldn’t expect a flawless process in place, don’t expect clear cut data and pipelines and also don’t think that we have all the tools ready for use. What you can expect however, is a talented team working on cutting edge technological solutions where you can have a lot of impact, freedom and a great data set (and AWS platform) to work with. Does that sound cool for you?
What you will work on…
…apart from designing, building and maintaining (new) data pipelines is:
- Do initial groundwork and research on what we do right already, what we do wrong at the moment and find out things we don’t do yet, but we definitely should do from now on to make data engineering the best solution!
- (Think pre-processing, cleaning and verification activities, build better data pipes / DWH)
- Create concise and efficient analysis and reporting for yourself, the team and management. We would appreciate more insights in what we have and what we should have more off…
- (Dashboarding and setup of automatic database performance monitoring)
- Help us understand the best practices in data engineering and use them together with (new) tooling implementations to make us more consistent and on top of all data in our company.
- (This should help our AI team to get better and faster results and ask you for help in AWS, Azure, ETL, DWH, DM’s etc…)
Furthermore, we would love you to be involved in:
- The setup of a scalable data architecture with very high-performance capacity and make the data available for our Computer Vision Engineers and Data guys
- Improve our ETL processes would be awesome!
- Implementation of monitoring, alerting and logging. Combine this with quality controls to give more reliability to our data
- Rolling out machine learning models to production together with the team
- Security is important within our company! Can you provide added value there?
- Helping out with data annotation and solve challenges around data sizing, privacy and more.
- … + Making sure that recruitment can ask your help with writing this vacancy into the most consistent one… Apologies for inconsistencies in the current vacancy…
Are you our savior?
That would be great and based on the current talent in our teams we would need:
- MSc or PhD in Computer science, Math or related field
- A team player with great communication skills to help the team forward
- A Data Engineering background for at least 3 years
- Great skills in programming (in Python and/or C# / .NET (our backend)) and SQL.
- Preferably Cloud experience in Azure and/or AWS (we use both)
- Worked with Data pipelines, (semi-)structuring of big data and ETL systems
- Experience with Machine Learning and other AI related technology is a big plus!
- You are either an EU citizen or in possession of valid Dutch work visa. (Preferably based in Amsterdam / the Netherlands already)
What we offer, next to a good salary…
At Fourthline, we care about attracting and retaining the best people. We work with the most modern technology and you get:
- Weekly presentations on Computer Vision, Data Science and you can have input as well
- The chance to work in a multinational and rapidly growing scale-up that works with leading names in global finance
- 25 days of vacation to recharge your batteries
- A workplace in our beautiful new office right next to the beautiful Vondelpark in Amsterdam
- Daily catered, fresh and tasty lunch with your colleagues
- After work drinks in our very own bar on Fridays (the AI team takes this really seriously…)
- High degree of collaboration and autonomy
- Crucial role in a highly motivated, talented team (not kidding. These guys are smart…)
- Flat structures and open communication
- Ping pong / darts / table football, because it is fun… not because it is cool to