Startdatum: medio juli 2020
Einddatum: 31 december 2020
Duur: 7 maanden
Inzet: 40 uur in de week
TenneT has the strategy to advance the use of data and analytics to the benefit of internal operations and to society by facilitating the energy transition. This is realized by development of the TenneT Data Platform (TDP). On TDP an extensive portfolio of innovative use cases is being developed. For instance; forecasting the infeed of renewable energy sources and predictive maintenance of the electricity grid.
To support the implementation of these innovative use cases on TDP a dedicated DevOps team is formed. Apart from realizing use cases, the team is also involved in extending and maintaining the platform and big-data capabilities.
As data engineer you will join our multinational Scrum team to create and implement solutions for data science projects and to ensure stable operations. We are committed to following an Agile way of working, with sprints and demos every two weeks, aiming for frequent releases of working software. We cooperate with internal and external experts from different knowledge domains to discover and build the best solutions possible.
- Design, build, test, deploy and maintain data processing applications with proper performance, fault handling, logging and monitoring;
- Ensuring the quality of deliverables by designing and implementing tests on unit and integration levels;
- Troubleshooting, analysing, and solving issues from tests as well as those reported by our customers;
- Writing or updating product documentation;
- Suggesting improvements to our technical solutions and way of working, and implementing them in alignment with your team;
- Participate in team knowledge sharing, design reviews, etc.;
- Conduct data and analytics-related discussions with customers;
What do we expect from you?
- You have a completed Bachelor or Master degree from a technical IT faculty;
- You have demonstrable engineering experience in big-data environments; Technologies such as Spark, Spark streaming, Python, Java, Scala, Nifi, Kafka, Cloudera (Hadoop, Hive, Impala, ..), CI/CD, Docker, Elastic, Logstash, Kibana;
- Experience with data ingestion, data storage, real time processing, and data science capabilities.
- Knowledge of data security, data governance;
- Proven experience in agile working environments;
- Strong in communication and cooperation with different stakeholders within the Business departments and IT;
- Fluency in Dutch and English. Fluency in German is a plus;
- A strong team player with a “getting it done” mentality.