To continue LeasePlan’s success story in the fast-moving automotive industry, we are actively building our digital presence to create the “future of Digital” in the mobility industry. We are looking for a Data Engineer to influence data architecture and technology decisions for engineering best practices.
We are a young & ambitious Data Organization, composed of Data Engineering & Architecture, Data Science and Digital Analytics teams. You will be part of Data Engineering & Architecture, tasked to build next generation Data Lake and Data Governance Structure, leading the designing of a robust infrastructure for batch and real-time analytics. In our team, we know new analytics technologies are emerging every day and we are excited about the impact they will have – do you share our enthusiasm?
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a highly skilled, motivated individual who is a self-starter, passionate about new technologies, enjoys working with others, is a pragmatic decision-maker and willing to help lead all aspects of our Data Technology Operations. You will work with Engineering and Operations teams to develop, implement and support necessary secure AWS infrastructure and automated CI/CD pipelines and related dashboards, improving on build, deployment, and test pipelines.
What are you going to do?
- Design, implement and maintain high availability architecture,
- Design solutions to deeply optimize the big data computing and storage setup, to enable new business needs,
- Design and build the infrastructure for data extraction, preparation, and loading of data from a variety of sources,
- Implement tools and processes to automate the management of our infrastructure,
- Provide guidance to improve resilience and scalability of our Data Platform,
- Implement and optimize platform configurations for cost, security, and performance,
- Implement monitoring and alerting solutions to provide insight into overall Data Platform health,
- Craft and maintain documentation of infrastructure and processes,
- Support and implement enhancements to the CI/CD environment.
What do you need to do the job?
- BS/MS with quantitative focus (e.g. Computer Science, Economics, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics) or equivalent practical experience,
- Deep knowledge of AWS infrastructure and automation with experience setting-up, managing, and maintaining large-scale infrastructure and platforms (EC2, RDS, S3, VPC, etc.),
- Experience of automation and provisioning approaches, using tools such as Cloudformation, Terraform, Bash, PowerShell, etc,
- Familiar with operations of third-party Big Data Platform and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (PaaS/IaaS) technologies (i.e. Qubole, Databricks),
- Demonstrated understanding of DNS, TCP, Firewalls, Proxy Servers, Load Balancing and VPC,
- Experience of agile project management approaches and tools (eg Atlassian Jira/Confluence),
- Experience in setting up server-less and data streaming technologies (Hadoop, Hive, AWS lambda, Kinesis, Kafka, DataBricks, Spark),
- Experience in setting ETL / data pipeline solutions (AWS Glue/Apache Airflow preferred),
- Fundamental knowledge of security best practices in cloud,
- Ability to quickly learn, understand and work with new and emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the cloud and IT technology space,
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with attention to detail, highly agile and self-starter.
How is life at LeasePlan Digital?
With around 1.7 Million cars in over 30 countries and more than 50 years of experience on a global scale, LeasePlan is the largest automobile leasing and fleet management company in the world. LeasePlan Digital, is there to create our ambition for a customer centric experience across all digital touch points, to deliver true value to our customers and in turn maximize long-term customer satisfaction.
We offer a start-up atmosphere, incorporated in one of the world’s leading fleet management companies. That means a working environment surrounded by like-minded innovators working together from their home offices using Microsoft Teams, Slack, Jira and other tools to get the job done together. Our working community is close, sharing work and personal related matters to stay connected.
You can expect a competitive salary and benefits, room to grow and plenty of can-do attitudes. Most importantly? You’ll get the opportunity to help shape the future of an exciting, dynamic industry.
This role is based in Amsterdam. To apply, just upload your information via the link and apply directly. We are looking forward to exploring your opportunities with us!