Will you help us design and maintain the architecture of data used in business processes and information systems? Do you have the ability to conceive and portray the big data picture?
Our data architect understands the importance of data to clients and our organization. With your industry expertise skills and capabilities you are able to anticipate on future business needs. You ensure that the enterprise data model is in line with the data vision of the enterprise and you have a role in the governance of it. You create a plan for how data architecture will support and enable this. You are a fantastic sparring partner for business stakeholders and solution architects, with whom you define solutions and strategy for data:
- Document the as-is data landscape and data flow and design the target state data landscape.
- Define the principles and roadmap for data, and ensure that projects and solutions are developed and implemented according to the roadmap, following the principles, standards and guidelines.
- Provide advice and guidance to business stakeholders and solution architects.
- Review and approve solution designs and facilitate decisions related to data changes and data management systems and processes.
- Connect knowledge of data and people across functions and systems.
- Be comfortable working with projects and higher management, supporting and challenging them where necessary.
- Support expansion and maintenance of the Enterprise Data Model (CDM, LDM).
The Enterprise Architecture team is responsible for creating and maintaining the architecture of the bank and making sure the right IT-related decisions are made according to our strategy. Working in this small, highly ambitious team means you will have substantial responsibilities right from the start.
We are an ambitious and fun team. We celebrate our success together and in case of backstroke, we are there for each other.
NIBC as employer
NIBC is evolving from a financial service provider to a digital company in banking. We share a forward-thinking, can-do attitude with our clients, which we call our “THINK YES” mentality. Whenever our business departments identify a market opportunity, NIBC IT has to follow up quickly to enable satisfying our clients’ needs. IT aims to be one of the driving forces behind the digital transformation of our bank, an ongoing process that will profoundly change the relationship with our clients and the way we do business. We are closely connected, have few management levels and short lines of communication. If you have a good idea today, you may be elaborating it tomorrow. “Work hard, play hard” applies to the prevailing atmosphere, which is professional and informal at the same time.
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to ‘codesign your own job description’.
- A standard working week of 32-40 hours, enabling you to maintain a healthy work-life balance .
- An annual personal development budget, to be spent at your discretion.
- Activity based working, enabling you to choose the right time and place to do your job properly.
- Continuous feedback from your manager and coworkers is aimed at your results and developing your skills
- Vitality program in support of a healthy and sustainable lifestyle.
- Annual company wide sports & leisure day.
- First-class commuting by train.
- No vacation registration (and officially 31 holidays).
- Bicycle pool for travelling to nearby business appointments or discovering the neighborhood.
- And, of course, a competitive salary.
What do you bring?
In this role you need to take initiative, perform well on your own and in a team, plan and organize your own and your team’s work, and have a creative and flexible attitude. You will also need a:
- Knowledge on and experience with data management frameworks (e.g. DAMA-DMBOK), tools, and processes;
- Bachelor or Master Degree of Business Information Management, Engineering or Computer Sciences;
- Certification or experience with TOGAF, Zachman, Archimate and Agile way of working;
- A solid understanding of Enterprise Architecture concepts and approach so that you can look at NIBC’s landscape holistically;
- Experience working in a high-level collaborative environment and promoting a teamwork mentality
- Preferably general banking knowledge.
- English language skills are a must have (English is our corporate language). We would also really appreciate some Dutch skills.