To continue LeasePlan’s success story in the fast-moving automotive industry, we are actively building our digital presence to create the “future of Digital” in the mobility industry. We are looking for a Big Data Solution Architect to increase the impact of Data in our day to day business.
As part of the Enterprise Information Management (EIM) department, you will be responsible for on-boarding data from 32 entities and more than 15 sources in to our data platform Global Data Hub (GDH) and delivering to both global initiatives and local stakeholders. In our team, we know new analytics technologies are emerging every day and we are excited about the impact they will have – we hope you share our enthusiasm!
Who are we looking for?
We want to work with people who are passionate about big data modelling, building data warehouse platforms, enjoy solving complex analytical problems – all in a challenging, fast paced environment. You should have a solid professional background in data architecture, and a deep understanding of databases. Given the versatile nature of the role, we’re looking for someone who can learn fast, enjoys working with others, and is a pragmatic decision-maker.
What are you going to do?
You will contribute to a variety of exciting projects ranging from designing robust and fully automated ETL/ELT processes to building tools for improving company-wide productivity with data. You have a passion for designing, implementing and operating stable, scalable and efficient solutions to flow data from disparate sources into data lake, and make sure data modelling are handled as per standards. You, as the Data Architect, will influence data architecture and technology decisions for best practices.
- Conducting data modelling sessions with business and technology representatives to identify data and usage requirements,
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of a set of related logical models that represent the way our business works,
- Performing detailed data analysis required for creation and validation of the models,
- Working with analysts and development teams to define and document physical data structures,
- Responsible for metadata capture, gating, and rationalization,
- Build a scalable distributed data store that will be central source of truth,
- Own data quality for the pipelines and make them auditable,
- Build self-service tools that helps the business users to extract, analyze and visualize data faster and perform advanced analysis,
In this role you will be working closely together with:
- The data governance team to ensure data quality, alignment and validity,
- Privacy, risk, information security officers to ensure that GDH is set up according to security and privacy standards,
- Data engineers and data scientist to ensure data is made ready for consumption and can serve global initiatives and deliver What’s Next to LeasePlan customers,
- Architects to ensure design decisions comply with LeasePlan’s Next Generation Digital Architecture.
What do you need to do the job?
- BS/MS with quantitative focus (e.g. Computer Science, Economics, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics) or equivalent practical experience,
- 5+ year experience performing logical data modelling for a variety of subject areas,
- Demonstrated experience modeling for a big data analytics environment, cloud databases like Google BigQuery, Amazon Redshift or Snowflake is highly desirable
- Working knowledge of Data Virtualization is highly desirable (Denodo, Dremio, Tibco)
- Thorough understanding of both SQL and NoSQL physical implementations,
- Demonstrated experience with implementation of multiple modelling techniques (star schema, data vault, snowflake, etc.)
- Advanced data analysis and profiling skills,
- Experience with Shell Scripting/Crontab.
Bonus Points for;
- Experience in designing ETL / data pipeline solutions (AWS Glue/Apache Airflow preferred),
- Experience with AWS CloudFormation is a plus,
- An eye for automation and instrumentation in all data-related aspects,
- Positive outlook towards work, strong work ethic and ability to work in a team environment.
How is life at LeasePlan Digital?
With around 1.7 Million cars in over 30 countries and more than 50 years of experience on a global scale, LeasePlan is the largest automobile leasing and fleet management company in the world. LeasePlan Digital, is there to create our ambition for a customer centric experience across all digital touch points, to deliver true value to our customers and in turn maximize long-term customer satisfaction.
We offer a start-up atmosphere, incorporated in one of the world’s leading fleet management companies. That means a working environment surrounded by like-minded innovators working together from their home offices using Microsoft Teams, Slack, Jira and other tools to get the job done together. Our working community is close, sharing work and personal related matters to stay connected.
You can expect a competitive salary and benefits, room to grow and plenty of can-do attitudes. Most importantly? You’ll get the opportunity to help shape the future of an exciting, dynamic industry.
This role is based in Amsterdam. To apply, just upload your information via the link and apply directly. We are looking forward to exploring your opportunities with us!
A pre-employment screening is part of the selection process.