For one of our clients, we are looking for a freelance Data Engineer.
- 5+ years of programming experience (Python, Scala, etc).
- 3+ years of Big Data experience and deep understanding and application of modern data processing technology stacks (Hadoop, Spark, Hive, HBase, Kafka, etc.).
- Deep understanding of streaming data architectures and technologies for real-time and low-latency data processing.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools such as Oozie or Airflow.
- Ability to drive adoption of Data Engineering best practices and sharing your knowledge.
- Experience with deployments and provisioning automation tools (Ansible, Docker, CI/CD, Kubernetes, Cloud formation or Helm charts).
- Experience in working with AWS is a plus
- The engineer will work from onside VFZ locations together with the development team. (Utrecht and sometimes in Amsterdam).
- We expect that the engineer will bring his own device so he’s able to develop and test code on his local machine. (MacBook is preferred)